I need to get something off my chest.
I’m bored with my blog. I love it; It’s my baby, and I birthed it, fed it and raised it to be what it is today. I’m mostly proud of it. But I’m not over-the-moon excited about it these days.
I let myself get too caught up in trying to make it something it’s not. I read so many other amazing blogs and have “met” so many other talented people, and I guess I got jealous watching their blogs flourish, watching them do awesome things and share it with the world and watching others go gaga for their words and photographs.
I thought I would try something new. I thought I would blog more frequently. I thought I would show you what I eat on a day-to-day basis, what I do to work out every day. I thought I would share with you my goals each week. But I’ve learned that that’s not me.
But I need some input.
First, my thoughts:
- I want my blog to focus mainly on food and fitness with a healthy sprinkling of my other adventures, just as it does now.
- I’m not a recipe developer extraordinaire. I can do a little here and there, but I can’t do it all the freaking time because I’m just not that good at it. I’m inevitably going to make recipes by other people and and want to share them with you. (Example: I am making no-knead bread via the New York Times recipe from a few years ago. I could have photographed each step and shared my experience in a post.)
- I want to have some weekly or semiweekly features, such as a seasonal or secret ingredient challenge in which I pick a seasonal or special ingredient and come up with or try out a couple recipes that prominently feature it.
Second, my requests:
- What do you want to read?
- What name would you suggest for my blog?
I hope you’ll stick with me through these growing pains. I really want to make my blog a place I like hanging out and a place you like hanging out. I want it to be a place where we can shoot the breeze about food and about life.
I plan to take a little time off to digest and hope to return refreshed and renewed in a couple weeks.
Talk to you soon!